Dear Mann Park Members,
Long time member Wanda Taylor passed away at 11:20 a.m. on Friday December 3rd. She was 82, and currently residing in the rehab wing at Morgan Place Care Home.
Wanda started bowling at Mann Park in 1999. She was a fine bowler who took a very active interest in our club, becoming one of our longest serving volunteers. Following are some of the ways she served MP over the years:
- In 2002, through to 2005 she was the House Co-ordinator (four years on the board)
- 2006 was her first season as a coach, and she continued to coach for another 10 years through to 2015
- In late 2006 she took on the challenging role of Games Chair, and served the club for 11 years in this capacity. Which meant another 11 years on the Board, for a total of 15.
- She became a Social Member when she retired from bowling in 2018 and continued to support the club in this manner, and in other ways until her end. Most recently by paying for the Perfect End Pins earned this season.
She was a competitive bowler who enjoyed bowling in the Tri-Cities league, Inter-clubs, V&D events, as well as Provincial and National tournaments. She bowled in Hemet, California in the winter, and with us for the first 19 of her 23 years at Mann Park. Her accomplishments include:
- 2014 BC Provincial Bronze Medalist: Women’s Triples, played in Stanley Park
- 2011 Canadian National Championships: Seniors Triples, played in Port Alberni. Her team was the only team to beat the one that went on to be the National Champions.
- MP Women’s Singles Club Champion 2001, 2010 and 2011
- MP Mixed Pairs Champion in 2002
- MP Women’s Pairs Champion in 2008
- MP Mixed Triples Club Championship 2010 – skipped the winning team
- MP Mixed Pairs Champion in 2012
- MP Aussie Pairs Champion in 2013
· You will find her picture on MP’s Wall of Honour