Over 70 lawn bowlers gathered to celebrate Canada Day at Mann Park on a sunny July 1. Thank you to our event sponsor, Westminster Savings, 16080 152St, wscu.com for helping make the day enjoyable for everyone.
Rosie Tockstein kicked off the festivities by leading us all in the singing of Oh, Canada. Everyone then took to the greens for two games coordinated by Ken Cronin. Prizes were awarded to winners and losers alike making everyone happy. Winner of the first game was Brian Jackson, Sharron Lyons, Ed Virgo, and Gill Compton; the crying towel went to Gail, Judy R, Ray, and Vic H. Second game winners were Leo, Bill W, Jo Brooks, and Larry T; the crying towel went to Tina, Hikie, Ray, and Gerry McArthur.
Bowling was followed by a tasty BBQ. Our social events are always a success thanks to the dedicated team of volunteers we have at the club. Our Canada Day team included:
– set up crew: Harald and Heidi Hendess, Ed Hooper, Hilary Callihoo, Martha McArthur
– at the bar: Sandra Burnett and Carol Hartnett
– 50/50 sales: Tom Akam, Judy Skinner, and David Tones
– barbeque chefs extraordinaire: Franco Canil and Harald Hendess
– in the kitchen: Martha McArthur, Hilary Callihoo, Bernice Day (with help from Erica Rose and Corrie Brawley), Heidi Hendess, Sharron Lyons, and Sharon Avery
– clean-up: Ed Hooper, Lynn Brauer, and Harald Hendess
Watch the bulletin board for news about our next party – a salmon barbecue for BC Day, August 5.