Thanks to those members who came to our two meetings May 18 and 25th.
On the 18th we discussed the pros and cons of installing an artificial surface or staying with the grass. There is much research that needs to go into this decision and I hope members will familiarise themselves with issues like cost, choice of artificial surface etc. , so an informed decision can be made, one way or the other, later this year.
On the 25th, we listed member’s ideas for improvements that need to be made to the Clubhouse and grounds.
These ideas are listed below, in no order of preference i.e. they are just the order in which they were offered by members:
- New sound system
- Cabinet/wall unit for ‘office corner’
- Paint exterior of Clubhouse
- Folding chairs
- Shades for sun-deck and North end of green
- Score boards
- Install new flooring on main floor
- Security system
- Replace grass on parking lot side of Clubhouse, with rock chips
- Buy 17’ X 47’ mats to go over the existing carpet bowling mat, to allow ‘Short mat’ and carpet bowls to be played downstairs. (note: Cost would be approx.. $7,000 for two greens downstairs)
There will be another meeting later this summer to review the options for the greens and to make any adjustments to the ideas for improvements.